KX MATRIKX CTO Carbon Filter for Chlorine, Chloramine, Taste and Odor Reduction
20 INCH STANDARD SIZE | 32-250-20-MATRIKX | 5 MICRON | REPLACES 32-250-125-20 & 32-250-20-GREEN
KX MATRIKX CTO® filters are optimized for applications where they perform the role of both a sediment and activated carbon filter for chlorine taste and odor reduction. These filters are known industry-wide for superior performance. 5 Micron Nominal Filtration Rating (10 Micron Absolute Filtration Rating).
KX MATRIKX 32-250-20-MATRIKX is the factory recommended direct replacement for 32-250-125-20 and 32-250-20-GREEN, which have been discontinued by the manfuacter and are no longer available.
MATRIKX® CTO® CARBON BLOCK FILTERS NOW FEATURING CHLORAMINE REDUCTION.
- Chlorine and Chloramine Reduction
- 5 Micron Nominal Filtration Reduces Sand, Rust, and Sediment
- Excellent Chemical Contaminant Redyction
- High Dirt Holding Capacity
- High Adsorptive Capacity and Efficiency
- NSF and WQA certification for Material Safety
- California Prop.65 Compliant
- Can be used in any water treatment system using 20'' Standard Housings
- Manufactured in ISO 9001 and 14001 certified facilities
- Certified for Sustainability by WQA-S-803
- 100% Coconut Shell Activated Carbon
*Not performance tested or certified by NSF or WQA
Specifications for 20'' MATRIKX CTO
KX Part: 32-250-20-MATRIKX
Replaces Part: KX-32-250-125-20, KX 32-250-20-GREEN, Filtrex GreenBlock FX20VOC
Filter Size (Nominal): 20'' Standard (2½" x 20")
Filter Dimensions: 2.75'' OD x 20''L
For Contaminants: Chlorine, Chloramien, Taste, Odor, Sediment, Dirt, Rust
Nominal Filtration: 5 Micron
Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction: >24,000 gallons @ 2 gpm (>91,000 liters @ 7.6 lpm)
Chloramine Reduction: >2,000 gallons @ 1 gpm (>7,600 liters @ 3.8 lpm)
Initial ΔP @ Flow: 3psid @ 2gpm
Manufacturer: KX Technologies
Brand: MATRIKX CTO
20'' Standard Housings: AMI Filter Housings Ametek/Pentek Housings
Country of Manufacture: India
Benefits of KX MATRIKX Extruded Carbon Filters
- Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction as well as Dirt and Sediment Removal: for better tasting drinking water, and protection of downstream equipment.
- No release of carbon fines: Extruded carbon filters do not release activated carbon paerticles (''gray water'') during startup or operation. Extensive flushing or ''activation'' of extruded filter elements is not required.
- No channeling, fluidizing, or bypassing: Extruded carbon is a rigid structure that prevents movement of the adsorbent partic;es or the formation of channels and defects in the adsorbent structure.
- Low pressure drop: Water flows through an extruded filter element in the ''radial'' direction (from the outside of the filter element to the inside). This results in nearly fifteen times more prefiltration suurface area and a much lower flow ''density''.
Low binder content and high dirt capacity: Only a small amount of thermoplastic binder is used in the extruction process, about one-half of what is used in a molded carbon block.
About KX MATRIKX Sustainability
Matrikx® filters are made from 100% coconut shell carbon, a renewable, and ecologically sustainable material. The carbon is processed into blocks using a unique binder system and proprietary manufacturing techniques to produce filters with a greater nimber og micro-pores and available carbon surface area, which display superior adsorption capacity and kinetic dynamics.